So much of our work hinges on HOPE.
- We hope to write a good story.
- We hope our story will be picked up by an agent.
- We hope our agent can find us a publisher.
- We hope our editor does not cut us to smithereens.
- We hope the artist produces an awesome cover.
- We hope the publisher gets us good circulation.
- We hope the circulation makes us good sales.
- We hope we have enough energy to start all over with our next book.
A quote from 14,000 Quips and Quotes for Writers and Speakers by E.C. McKenzie. reads: “Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.”
I think that sums up writers pretty well. Unfortunately, the quotes inside the book do not give the original source.
My personal quote would be: Hang in there; it ain’t over till the fat lady sings. Another good “H” topic would be Hard Work. Combine it with Hope, and you can’t fail.
Add a sprinkle of HOPE to your day today. Was this helpful?